On November 18, 1859, a Warrant of Constitution was granted to Etiwan Lodge No. 95 by the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Ancient Free Masons of South Carolina. The lodge organized under dispensation on February 19 and held their first meeting in Town Hall on March 4. The fraternity purchased its current lodge hall that same year for $500. The structure was built in 1835 as the original St. Andrews Episcopal Chapel. During the Civil War, lodge meetings were suspended. Mount Pleasant served as the Berkeley County Seat from 1885 to 1895, and some members traveled for two days to attend meetings. In 1913, members contributed funds to help organize a chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star. The lodge has grown steadily from 67 members in 1908 to 203 members in 1945 and more than 350 in 2009. This marker was erected in honor of the 150th anniversary of the Etiwan Lodge No. 95 A.F.M.