Alhambra Hall

In 1847, Charles Jugnot and Oliver Hillard, owners of Mount Pleasant Ferry Company, developed a picnic ground in a grove of live oaks, called Hort’s Grove. They built the first Alhambra as a summer retreat and dance hall overlooking Charleston Harbor. The present building was constructed in 1937 and is maintained by the town as a multipurpose recreational facility.

Images

Alhambra Hall

Alhambra Hall

Courtesy of the Town of Mount Pleasant View File Details Page

1893 Sanborn Map

1893 Sanborn Map

Courtesy of the University of South Carolina View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Town of Mount Pleasant Historical Commission, “Alhambra Hall,” Mount Pleasant Historical, accessed July 24, 2017, http://mountpleasanthistorical.org/items/show/1.

Related Tours

Share this Story