The Old Village
Take the Old Village Tour
By 1872, several settlements which had developed along Charleston Harbor, were incorporated as the Town of Mount Pleasant. The earliest hamlet was Greenwich Village (1766), followed by the Hibben Ferry Tract (1770), Mount Pleasant Plantation (1808), Hilliardsville (1847), and Lucasville (1853). The Old Village was bounded by Shem Creek, Simmons Street, Cove Inlet and the Harbor.