Patjens Post Office

In 1899, the Patjens family built this small office adjacent to their store on Church Street, to serve as the post office in Mount Pleasant. The Patjens family served as postmasters until 1917. Patjens Post Office has been owned and maintained by the Alhambra Garden Club since 1971, when it was moved to Edwards Park. The club restored the building in 2001.

Images

Patjens Post Office

Patjens Post Office

Image courtesy of the Town of Mount Pleasant View File Details Page

Patjens Post Office

Patjens Post Office

Image courtesy of the Town of Mount Pleasant View File Details Page

Patjens Post Office

Patjens Post Office

Image courtesy of the Town of Mount Pleasant View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Town of Mount Pleasant Historical Commission, “Patjens Post Office,” Mount Pleasant Historical, accessed July 24, 2017, http://mountpleasanthistorical.org/items/show/45.

Related Tours

Share this Story